Calculator of QT Correction
What’s The QT Interval?
In order to use the QT Interval Calculator, we need to know what QT Interval even is. The QT Interval is an electrocardiographic visualization of the heart’s electrical function. This basically starts at the beginning of the QRS Complex and ends at the T Wave. In other words, it is caused by the depolarization of the ventricles and ends at the repolarization of the ventricles.
Who Uses The QT Interval?
You might be wondering who uses the QT Interval? This is used by cardiologists as it is directly related to the Torsades De Pointes. It is also a huge risk factor as it is related to cardiac death. If the heart rhythm is fast then the QT Interval is going to be short. That is when the QT Interval has to be corrected.
M Hodges Equation:
How To Use The Calculator?
Step 1: Enter The Measured QT
Step 2: Enter The RR Interval
What Will Be The Results?
Factors Affecting The QT Prolongation
- Some Genetic Disorders, like the Romano Ward Syndrome
- Hypokalemia- Very Low Blood Potassium
- Various Heart Diseases
- Hypocalcemia- Very Low Blood Calcium
- Low Body Temperature
- Buttner, E. B. (2021, September 18). QT Interval. Retrieved from Life In The Fastlane: https://litfl.com/qt-interval-ecg-library/
- Encyclopedia, W. T. (2021, December 25). Cardiac Cycle. Retrieved from Wikipedia- The Free Encyclopedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiac_cycle
- Lorenzo Crumbie MBBS, B. (2021, October 28). Cardiac Cycle. Retrieved from kenhub: https://www.kenhub.com/en/library/anatomy/cardiac-cycle